This is it! The first entry of my brand new travel blog. I've toyed with the idea before on tumblr a few years ago but the setting didn't work for me. Also, I suppose I've already sort of been blogging whenever Emmett & I send out an email newsletter to friends and family every few weeks as we travel.
Anyway, I'm really digging the setup here on squarespace and I've got a lot of ideas for posts already drafted. So, I guess it's time to get started.
For fun I'll do 5 facts about me:
- I'm a vegetarian; have been for nearly 4 years.
- My passions (other than travel) include reading, writing, food, interior design, beachcombing & environmental conservation.
- I'm a certified Permaculture Designer
- When I was 11, I was a Live Seashell Expert. Keep an eye out for future posts about shells and Southwest Florida on this blog.
- I have a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature.
What else can I say? I hope this works.
Thanks for reading!
Reflections on one year of Savvy Dispatches.
A peek into our lives during our first few months in Australia.
The second in a series of worst travel moments, focusing on my European travels in 2014.
My thoughts on the recent events in my former home of Charlottesville and Trump's presidency.
What we've been up to in New Zealand from early May to early June 2017.
A summary of what I've been up to the past few weeks or so, early days of May 2017.
15 Travel Quotes to Fuel Your Wanderlust and Inspire You to Travel
Starting a new job at a fruit packhouse in NZ.
Car camping and road-tripping on New Zealand's South Island.
Three days in Auckland with a pretty cool gal.